Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter Blast, New NHA App. & NWEA data

Winter Blast
The first annual SPS Winter Blast was so much fun!  Thank you to everyone who came out to help and participate.  I was able to snap a few photos and lucky enough to see many of you.  If you were there and you want to share photos, please email them to me. 

New NHA APP
Have you checked out the new NHA AP?  It's pretty amazing.  So here is what I noticed:

  • it's quick!  It updates as soon as grades are entered.
  • choosing the 'homework' button brings you to the page where you can see how many assignments are entered/missing (even though homework is not graded)
  • effort scores are only published on report cards (You can contact me if you have any concerns about your child's effort.)
  • if you're not hooked up yet, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/NHASchools
NWEA Data
We have successfully finished the winter round of the the NWEA MAP tests.  The data we receive from the NWEA MAP testing is one of several measures we use to help support your child's academic success.  Now that we have tested in all three areas, I will meet with each student to talk about their new action plan.  Once I have met with all of them, I will send home their scores and their new plan.  It will take some time to do this.  If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment